Raining in Palm Springs

OK!!!!! Enough with the frikkin’ rain already!  It rained most of the day Tuesday.  Chris went out for a little shopping and lunch with Julie while I stayed at home.  I watched out the windows as the rain continued to fall through most of the day. We couldn’t even see the mountains.  Then last night it started to rain even harder for most of the night.  We awoke to this scene at our campsite.  About 3 inches of water and nowhere for it to go.  Of course I just had to go and wade through it in my sandals for a few pictures!
Park staff have been wonderful though.  Two of them drove into the puddle in their golf carts this morning and took about 30 minutes to discuss how to remedy the situation.  They are outside right now with a sump pump, pumping out our new river front property.
On the positive side of things……the rain appears to have stopped for now, although our weather radio is still broadcasting a flood warning for this part of southern California.  We can now actually see the mountains and even an occasional glimpse of sunshine too.  I may have spoken too soon…..its raining again!
Sarah and Matt fly in later today for Christmas.  Hoping the above weather forecast holds true while they are here.

7 Comments

1. Brits On Tour December 24, 2010 at 4:41 pm #

Hope it dries out in time so you can celebrate Christmas without getting your feet wet. Say Hi to Sarah and Matt, and have a great Christmas. Our love to you all.

Jane and Jim xx

2. Chuck and Anneke's RV travels December 24, 2010 at 1:29 am #

That is a lot of water. I hope they do not charge for a water front site.

3. BIGDAWG AND FREEWAY* December 23, 2010 at 4:18 am #

Nice water view!..Arizona and California weather was on our local news today!..not very pretty down there!!…they even showed a house floating down the river!

4. Beth (CC) December 22, 2010 at 11:27 pm #

You have riverfront and we have a lake outside our rig (near San Diego). Tomorrow…sun (fingers crossed.)

5. Dennis and Donna December 22, 2010 at 8:56 pm #

Oh my! Ocean-front property is at a premium out there…I'd sell and move to higher ground! By the way, can you play water polo pickeball?…May just be a new invention!

6. Mark and Chris December 22, 2010 at 7:21 pm #

Definitely no pickleball today!

7. BJ December 22, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

My husband's response was "no pickleball there today huh!" I hope it drys up and stays sunny so you can enjoy Christmas with your family.
    ~Betty