More Wedding Photos

Seems like all our days are on fast forward since our wedding on Aug 18th and I haven’t had a lot of time to spend on post processing our photos.  I have managed to at least look through all of them and have added a few more to my Smugmug galleries.  My favourites are shown below.

Mark & Chris

Matt & Sarah have left the nest so to speak.  Matt is back at CFB Borden near Barrie, Ontario to resume his military training while Sarah & Chris are currently driving back to Edmonton, Alberta so Sarah can start her last year of college.  They all left in one vehicle on Sunday morning.  Matt was dropped off in Borden before the girls continued on to Tobermory where they grabbed the ferry across Georgian Bay to Espanola.  They managed to get as far as Blind River on Sunday night and spent last night in English River.  Lots of driving but the weather has cooperated nicely so far.  They are hoping to get all the way to Minnendosa, Manitoba tonight.

Shannon, Casey, Lindsay, Mark, Chris, Sarah, Matt
Lindsay, Mark, Casey

Teddy & I are minding the store here at Phaeton Place and enjoying some badly needed peace and quiet after a very busy summer. We both popped up to Hanover on Monday to see family and my nephew Matt, who flew in for a surprise visit from British Columbia for a few days. Yesterday, we visited my in laws who have just moved into retirement homes in Tiverton and Ripley. Both are doing well and adjusting nicely to their new surroundings.

Mouse & Mom

The action isn’t quite over yet though.  Chris flies back to Ontario next Monday and then we are both off to Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks where her mother has just gone into a retirement home as well.  Definitely interesting times for our aging parents.

9 Comments

1. Joanne September 5, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

If this message gets through, yours truly has reached ( and you know me and computers ) another milestone…WOW !! is all I can say. John casually mentioned the wedding ( men !!! ) so I ran to the computer to see for myself…you never whispered a word? you dog !!! Congratulations to both. Lovely photos. Too bad that Chris and Sarah could not stop on their back to Edmonton, but understand ( I’ll save them some Morden Russian Mint Chocolate for next time !!!

2. barb j August 31, 2012 at 8:22 pm #

We are so thrilled that it finally happened. cant wait to see you in the flesh

• Mark September 1, 2012 at 7:40 am #

Hi Barb,

Hope all is well with you guys. I expect you are out west again by now. We’ll be spending the in Florida but hope to go west next year. Give Dennis a hug for us.

3. Sheila Smart August 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

No idea how I got on your Facebook but we have a lot in common. Maybe found you as we are looking at driving our 08 Phaeton to Alaska next year. Love to connect if haven’t already. Sheila

• Mark August 30, 2012 at 8:58 pm #

Hi Sheila,

We did Alaska in 2009 and enjoyed it very much. Hoping to head back in 2014 if plans come together for us. Our trip is well documented on our blog if you feel like checking it out.

4. Sue Malone August 28, 2012 at 6:27 pm #

Wow! I am just now getting another chance to try to catch up on reading and here is this beautiful couple sharing a beautiful day! Congratulations to both of you!!!

• Mark August 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

Thanks for stopping by Sue. Did you pick up an iPad yet? Won’t be long before you’re on your way.

5. Bob Bazin August 28, 2012 at 11:59 am #

Mark & Chris…congratulations to both of you on your recent marriage. I enjoy checking in on your site from time to time and was thrilled to see the wedding photos. All the best and please look me up if ever you come through Manitoba.

Bob

• Mark August 28, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

Hi Bob,

Great to hear from you. Chris & Sarah are already through Winnipeg on their way to Edmonton. Won’t be long before we head south! You must be almost done soon?

Mark