Bowmanville to Kingston, Ontario

We enjoyed a peaceful night plugged in to shore power and parked in front of Armand's shop. We even found a few channels that came in we'll enough to watch last night, along with a movie that went way too late. I managed to hang on until the end but Chris just couldn't keep her eyes open. We both had a long day but were looking forward to a relatively short drive today.

In Front of Armand's Shop


Armand came by to finish off the installation first thing this morning. We now have both transponders coming in with readings over 94 which is very good considering we are using our motorized roofmounted Datastorm G-74 elliptical dish for reception. We stowed and set up the dish several times to make sure the dish was locking on to Shaw Direct properly. The Shaw PVR 630 by Motorola is very compact compared to the Bell 9241 we almost bought last year and fits into the same lower shelf of our entertainment cabinet as the Bell 6131 HD receiver we just removed. Hoping to try recording something tonight perhaps.


We were on our way to Kingston before noon. It rained on and off much of the way along Hwy 401 but traffic was fairly light so we rolled along fairly well. Our first stop was the Flying J in Napanee, Ontario. We topped up with both diesel and propane while I stood out in the cold wind & rain monitoring the fuel pump. From Napanee it was only another 40 km to Rideau Acres Campground in Kingston. We are booked in here for four nights at the Passport America rate of $24/night for 50 amp pull thru with full hookups. This is our first time at this park and it is quite nice. There are over 400 sites with an assortment of seasonal and transient campers. They are open all year which I find odd given winter climates in this part of Ontario. The park is located right on the banks of the Rideau river.


Tree Fungi

We set up quickly and Chris had a load of laundry going almost right away. We've got our slides out and satellite dish up and working for now. We head for Ottawa in the Vue around midday tomorrow for a couple of nights. Given the Frankenstorm warnings in the news at the moment, we'll definitely be stowing our dish and pulling all our slides in before we leave. We'll leave shore power plugged in but water will be disconnected. There won't be a problem extending for an extra night or two should the pending storm delay our travel plans. We did manage to get out for a nice walk with Teddy between rain showers before supper. Almost as many squirrels here to tempt Teddy as there were at Green Acre Park in Waterloo.