A Busy First Week Back in Canada


We've been experiencing some great weather since arriving in Waterloo last Monday. The ground is still pretty saturated with water but a week of no rain and lots of sunshine has the ground drying up nicely. The campground is very busy with lots of work being done getting things ready for the busy summer season. We enjoyed a couple of nights of peaceful sleep when we first arrived. After a long trip back to Canada, it was nice going to bed knowing we didn't have to drive anywhere the next morning.


Lindsay and Collin came up for a quick visit before they packed up for their week holiday in Mexico. We enjoyed a great BBQ'd salmon with all the trimmings on our picnic table and spent an enjoyable afternoon catching up after our winter down south. Our next stop was a trip to visit Matt & Sarah in Camp Borden near Barrie. We spent a couple of days visiting them in their new home which backs onto a wooded area with lots of walking trails. Teddy & their puppy, Lily, played hard for the time we were there and Teddy is still sleeping lots so he must be tired.

Returning to Camp Borden was filled with memories for me because my parents were stationed there in the late 60s before doing our last in Germany with the Canadian military. Much on the base has changed but some things are still the same. The above building on Dieppe Rd was our high school where I spent grade 9 and part of grade 10 before we left for Germany in 1970. PMQs were divided up between the army and Air Force and we lived on the Air Force side of the base. Sadly, all the Air Force PMQs were leveled some years ago and only the army side housing remains. Matt & Sarah are here until Matt finishes his training course in Sept and we aren't quite sure where they'll be posted then.

We've managed to give Phaeton Place a thorough spring cleaning both inside and out. Today's outing was to Tillsonburg to visit my sister in law Lori & Paul. We enjoyed a great lunch on their deck while Teddy and their dog Troon wrestled and played in the back yard. Needless to say Teddy slept in the back seat all the way back to Waterloo.