Hello from Solihull

Sarah drove us from Camp Borden to Terminal 3 Tuesday afternoon and we said our goodbyes quickly after unloading the car at the curb. Temps and humidity in Toronto were over 40°C but inside the airport was a little cooler. We went straight to the Air Transat counter and were checked in no time. Next stop was the free stay in the Priority Pass lounge near gate C32 until about 6:30 pm compliments of BMO. Comfortable lounge chair seating with complimentary buffet dinner, drinks and snacks made for an enjoyable three hour stay until we toddled off to our departure gate. It was quiet in the lounge and we also took advantage of being able to charge up our electronic devices right at our chairs. We'll definitely choose the lounge option again instead of wandering around the crowded gates and waiting areas of the airport.


We picked up a few bits at Duty Free and boarded quickly on our air bus 310, an older plane but still in good shape. We booked far enough ahead to give us seating with plenty of leg room and the advanced boarding allowed us to stow all our carry on baggage above our seat. Well, everything except Jim's bottle of Crown Royal which went under our seat. Meals were adequate. We saw the movies 42, the Jackie Robinson story which we quite liked, and the Avengers, which we have both already seen.

We arrived in Birmingham a little early to overcast skies and temps around 15°C. Still comfortable weather for shorts though. Immigration took less than ten minutes and we waited about twenty minutes for our bags. Jim & Jane were waving madly as we entered the terminal. It was so good to see them both again. We've enjoyed a great first day catching up and snoozing from time to time to get over the jet lag. We are off to the nearest O2 mobile phone store tomorrow to pick up some pay as you go SIM cards for our two iPhones and my iPad 2. Rumor has it there may be a trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon for a look around as well. Meantime, we are using Jim & Jane's very fast fiber optic wifi for all our computing needs. Miss Molly has really grown since we were here last and her antics are very similar to our Teddy who we miss very much.